Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wait, listed?


Life isn't always sunshine and lollipops, ya' know? I was "deferred" (wait-listed) from Georgetown today. Which means that I wasn't a "shoo-in", and they'll be looking at me with all of the other "maybes" in the next round of selection in the Spring--I'll find out April 1. Which is a really cruel date to send an admission letter, because it could very well be a giant April Fool's Day joke. Georgetown admissions, if you stumble across my blog, consider my observation, and send your letters on May 31 or April 2. Pranksters.

By the way, ten percent of deferred applicants get in... which is not an optimistic number whatsoever. I'm not too fazed by the fact that I can practically guarantee you I won't be admitted. My Georgetown interviewer told me that if I don't get in somewhere, I'm probably not meant to spend four years of my life living there--why would I want to live at a place that didn't want me there? Besides, I didn't go into this process expecting to get into every single one of the incredibly out-of-reach schools that I've applied to. I didn't even expect to get into half of them, which is why I applied to so many. And, I've been accepted to two very excellent schools... and Baylor.

If you want to see what a real-life deferral letter looks like, view below (click to enlarge). As depressing and somewhat insignificant as it is, this is a part of my senior year, and it should be documented.

In other educational news, it's Midterm Week, a.k.a. the week in which we do nothing in class. It is typically preceded by "The week from hell", a.k.a. the week where procrastinating AP students (cough, cough) scramble to turn in missing assignments and teachers scramble to enter all of the grades before the deadline.

But back to the delightfully placid Midterm Week. Tomorrow, I have my AP Cal and AP Econ finals. I feel fairly confident about AP Cal, and not so much about AP Econ. I'll post my opinions on both of them for posterity, so if you're an underclassman reading this, pay special attention to my blog in the following days.

I should probably be studying for my midterms instead of blogging about my thoughts on them...

Hoya Saxa.
Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment