Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Interviews

I had initially intended to blog about my interviews with Columbia Engineering and Harvard immediately following their occurrence, but I was preoccupied by the time-suckingness of Poet Museum.

I interviewed with a Mechanical Engineering major from Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (c/o 2010) on Sunday at a Starbucks. The kid that went before me was named Dennis, and I was the third person she interviewed that day, which may or may not be ominous. I didn't feel spectacular about that interview--for some reason, I wasn't able to think on my toes quickly. I kinda felt like I was translating all of my thoughts into another language.

On Monday, I met with a Harvard graduate (c/o 2004) at Panera Bread. The interview was to occur at 6:30 pm, but for some reason, I thought it was at 4:30. Needless to say, I was incredibly stressed out when she wasn't there at 4:45, until I realized that I came at the wrong time. So I went home, did some homework, and came back at the correct time. There was a knitting club going on simultaneously, which was quite awkward... and ridiculously awesome. I genuinely enjoyed this interview. Very stimulating conversation. DISCLAIMER: I don't actually think I can get in to either school.

No comments:

Post a Comment