Tuesday, December 7, 2010

All we do is win.

What a wholesome group of somewhat racially and socially diverse youths!

The title of this post is actually taken from an article in the school newspaper. Not only are we victorious--we're conceited, as well!

But at least we have justification for our conceit--our football team beat the Montgomery HS Bears in the quarter-finals of the play-offs! Three full days later, I'm still lacking in vocal strength because I yelled so much. Although, half of the time, I was chanting as loudly as possible "Avada Kedavra", which was funny to me and my friends, but really pointless for any purpose other than to make noise. Kinda like a vuvuzela.

Because we won this game, we'll be advancing to the semi-finals against Lake Travis HS, which will be this Saturday at Texas A&M's Kyle Field. Kyle Field has a seating capacity of 82,600, and is frequently exceeded, which seems like a breach of safety codes. Henry Winston Stadium, our high school's field, seated 8,000 before renovations, and slightly more now. But nevertheless, Kyle Field is ten times the size of what we're used to. It's kinda a big deal.

Although, this is the exact same situation we were in two years ago. Exact same round of play-offs. Exact same opponent. Exact same location. And we lost (knock on wood). But this year is different because our football team has black pants.

Someone told me (and this could very well be a load of codswallop) that the football coach had a dream that our team won the state championships, and they were wearing black pants as opposed to the traditional white. And so entirely new pants were purchased for every member of the football team. I'm not complaining, though. I like the black pants. Very much.

Anyway, I'm excited about the game this weekend. Here are some pictures from the quarter-final game at Rice Stadium.




I saw this on the bleachers. The picture doesn't do it justice.


The next day, my family and I went to my Grandma's church in Navasota, TX. Two hours away. But it was to see our good friends, the Bealls (the missionaries in Papua New Guinea), so the trek wasn't for naught.


No comments:

Post a Comment