Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm rebellious... in theory.

Not exactly sure what this is from, but it was the most accurate description of "Giant Paper" that I could find on Google Images.

Tomorrow, I have my English final. My lovely teacher told us that we were allowed to use as much information as we could possibly hand-write onto a 4x6 index card (front and back). She then went on to list some of the loopholes that kids have found, and emphasize the fact that it must be hand written and the size constraint is "four-by-six". I had to find a loophole. And I can't really take credit for the one I found--my friend Caitlin said off-handedly that she was tempted to bring in a four-by-six foot notecard instead of the four-by-six inch notecard that the teacher displayed. I verified that the maximum size was four-by-six, and once again, the teacher neglected to specify units.

And so, my best good friend and I headed to Kinko's this evening to hunt down a gigantic sheet of paper, which Kinko's did not have in stock. What kind of office printing corporation doesn't have giant paper?!? Anyway, we considered the possibility that we could tape a plethora of posterboard together or use paper from a ream in the teacher's workroom, but then we decided that we were too lazy to put through the effort to fill a whole four-by-six foot sheet with literary notes, so the idea was scrapped, and we went shopping.

Ironically, it was probably the most productive study group I've had. We just walked through the mall, quizzing each other over Frankenstein, Greek tragedy, and Pride and Prejudice. I think I achieved more in one hour at the local mall than I have in the past week at my house. Which says a lot about my work ethic.

My take on today's finals:
  • AP Cal BC- I was relatively confident about this one. I probably would have been even more confident if I knew that it was open-book. I looked up from my test with about ten minutes left, and realized that all of my classmates had their books wide open. But I don't think it was too big of a deal--it might have slowed me down, even. However, I did forget that there's no penalty for answering wrong. And I left a few questions on the Scantron completely blank, which was a really stupid thing to do. Irony.
  • AP Econ- I hate multiple choice. With a passion. Half of the test, I think I was overanalyzing, but it's hard to tell with Econ. I don't really have much to say about this one other than I feel substantially less confident about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment