Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm going looney.

On Wednesday, the moon was the brightest it has been for over twenty years because Autumnal Equinox coincided with the full moon. And it was crazy bright--you couldn't even make out a distinct shape. If you didn't catch it, it's okay... there will be another one in 2029.



In Calculus, my table is making it our personal mission to sample the strangest foods in existence. Typically, our class vegan brings us various meat substitutes and I supply the craisins, hummus, and assorted vegetables.

On Thursday, we were talking about the super harvest moon, and Winston, the Chinese kid, brought up that his family eats moon cakes on the autumnal equinox. I replied that I didn't know what they were.

And so today, four of the five champs at our table (excluding the vegan, as there is a giant egg yolk in the middle) sampled a moon cake. Delicious. I recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment