Friday, November 19, 2010

Georgia Tech--So Fly!

I've been accepted to the Georgia Institute of "echnology"! Well, according to the sign in the picture, that's what it's called. It's okay, it's a technical school--they don't need to know how to spell, even if it is their own name.

So far, I've gotten in to Baylor, Tulane, and Georgia Tech. I really can't see myself at Baylor, though.(By the way, I'll post the infamous letter typo later, so that may be forever glorified in the realm of the internet). In addition, I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools, and I'm particularly interested in Georgetown and Columbia. I've decided to list pros and cons of the schools I've been accepted to, disregarding Baylor. Thus, these are my evaluations of Georgia Tech and Tulane.


Georgia Tech
  • PRO: Offers intensive education in the maths and sciences
  • CON: I really want to be well-rounded, and learn more than just physics and calculus
  • CON: The GA Tech foreign language department is crap.
  • CON: Atlanta kinda scares me.
  • CON: Same southern ideas as those that exist here.
  • PRO: They guy-to-girl ratio is really high, which is always a nice thing if you're a girl.
  • PRO: Awesome recreation center. Not that I'm athletic, but it's nice, anyway
  • PRO: Studying abroad is cheaper than studying at the Atlanta campus.
  • PRO: Has a strong alumni fan-base, huge stadium, and a decent football team. Once again, I don't really care too much about that, but it's nice.
  • CON: There are way too many Waffle Houses nearby.
  • PRO: Strong ROTC.
  • PRO: Not many people from my school go there.
  • CON: I wouldn't know anyone
  • PRO: My mother seems to like this one the most.
  • CON: My mother seems to like this one the most.

Tulane

  • PRO: I love New Orleans. The French Quarter is awesome.
  • CON: Kinda close to home.
  • PRO: Community service is really important to them.
  • PRO: Quirky language department.
  • CON: Not as academically rigorous in maths and sciences
  • PRO: More academically diverse
  • PRO: Tons of films are shot around there (I actually went on the Green Lantern filming set this summer while visiting)
  • PRO: New Orleans has a creepy history.
  • CON: New Orleans is creepy.
  • PRO: It's a very "northern" school
  • CON: Guy-to-girl ration is significantly lower than that of GA Tech
  • PRO: Super rad trolley system (GA Tech does have a trolley thing, but it isn't as cool)
  • CON: The roads are terribly dangerous
  • PRO: Cajun food.
By the way, did anyone else notice the random blue bullets and the font change of "Georgia Tech"? Weird.



Here's the letter. By far the least formal of the acceptance letter's I've received, as it was online. But honestly, what do you expect from an engineering school? I think they're sending a legitimate one, later though.

And this was in their (massive) bookstore, where I felt obligated to try on everything that I could put on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment