Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gimme a Break!


It's officially Thanksgiving Break. Here's what I've accomplished:
  • Introspective journaling
  • Three college apps completed (Boston University, Columbia University, University of Virginia)
  • Family Reunion at the family farm in Huntsville, TX. I am related to a man named Achilles Napoleon Bonaparte Tompkins. That puts Renesmee Carlie Cullen and Albus Severus Potter to shame.
  • Filmed another "Man vs. Wild" video. Still in editing process
  • Sleep. Yes.
  • Rented "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Airplane!"
  • Saw Deathly Hallows. It was good. It wasn't my favorite book, and I don't really like the movies. But it was good.
  • Went to the Texas Renaissance Festival.
  • Finished Pride and Prejudice
The Renaissance Festival, yes. It was actually cleaner than I expected. Granted, there was a great deal of raunchy costuming, and it probably wasn't the most sanitary thing, but it wasn't as bad as my parents conveyed to me. Then again, they are my parents. It was actually a lot like Disney World, except with less clothing. I would definitely go again, but I don't think my parents were too keen on it. While there, I spent my parents' my money on a pair of mukluks ($10), which are a type of Native American hand-knit boot, a chocolate-covered banana ($6?), stew ($6), and a hair-braiding ($34). My brother also purchased beefjerky ($10?) and an ocarina ($30), which he has been playing it incessantly. His favorite selections are "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" and "Bad Romance".

Left to right; me, my grandma, and my brother. As if you couldn't deduce that without my help.


No comments:

Post a Comment