Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Poop and Prejudice

In AP English, we've been "reading" Pride and Prejudice. I use the term "reading" loosely because a) about half the class has opted to read Sparknotes instead of the novel and b) the other half has opted to watch the BBC movie instead of reading the novel. Granted, I also use the word "half" very loosely. While reading Wuthering Heights over the summer, I found the joys of audiobooks. I didn't even read a page of Pride and Prejudice. Audiobooks are great--I was able to read a lame book and work on lame calculus homework at the same time! Yessssss.

A few weeks ago, my teacher told one of rare football players in AP English that if he brought a picture of himself reading Pride and Prejudice on the bench, we would receive extra credit. To which he replied, "I don't sit on the bench".

It just so happened that I was photographing that game for yearbook, and another one of the photographers brought a (hot pink) copy of the book. It has a peacock on it. Thus, we took many pictures of various AP students in a diverse spectrum of activities "reading" Pride and Prejudice.




No comments:

Post a Comment