Thursday, November 25, 2010

Well... that was unexpected.

I took the SAT Physics subject test a few weeks ago, and it was awful. I really put off studying for it, my physics teacher is far from competent, and the only reason why I took it is because one school that I am applying to (Columbia) requires it. I didn't get through the entire test, and stumbled through what I did get through, thus, I wasn't expecting an impressive score at all.

And I didn't get one.

But I did get a 630 (out of 800), and while it's far from my goal, it isn't bad. To put it into perspective, the average score on an SAT Physics subject test typically ranges from a 635-645. Granted, this is very skewed from what the average student would achieve, given this test, because the average student does not voluntarily take the SAT Physics subject test. So while I'm slightly below average, and that really does not meet my standards, that score really isn't worth fretting about. Luckily, from what I can tell, colleges view the SAT subject tests as more of a reflection of your education than your intelligence, and my score wasn't all that bad, so I should be okay. And even if I were super stressed about it, there wouldn't be anything I can do to change it, because the test reports are due by Dec. 1st.

A word of advice to you sophomores and juniors: get your testing out of the way now, so that you aren't stuck with poopy subject test scores tainting your academic record.

No comments:

Post a Comment