Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Education Has Gone to Pot(ter)



A good portion of my school dressed up. At school. I wish I had brought my camera. I apologize for depriving you of potentially glorious pictures.

I have a calculus test tomorrow (wish me luck!) The majority of my class took it today because they were going to the premiere, didn't want to study tonight, and wanted to sleep during class tomorrow.

My friend spent $20 dollars on a wand. I'm pretty sure it's plastic. Granted, it does light up.

This is just getting ridiculous.

Let me get this out: I've read the books. I've seen a few of the movies. I do like Harry Potter--it's entertaining, definitely. But the culture that it has created: the musical genre, countless books derived from it, the influence on pop culture--that's even more entertaining. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the movies. I am, however, a fan of the people that are fans of the movies. Or say that they're fans of the movies.

And so, I'll leave you with this little gem:




Oh, I find out tomorrow whether or not I've been accepted to Georgia Tech. And it's the first day of Thanksgiving Break! Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment