Saturday, January 22, 2011

Facial Hair

On Friday, my calculus teacher got onto a kid about a facial hair infringement. And when I say, "got onto", I mean that he hardcore drilled this kid about the few hairs that poked out from the dermis on his skin. Wow, dermis is an awkward word. Needless to say, it was really entertaining.

The strange thing about my calculus teacher, is that he's a very stringent enforcer of rules, but only the trivial ones. For instance, when I filmed a video during his class, it was the subject of my video taping that got in trouble for wearing a hat, as opposed to me getting in trouble for operating an illicit electronic device. The boys get in trouble for facial hair while he simultaneously allows us to cook pancakes in the classroom, which I'm fairly positive is an encroachment on the fire safety codes and a definite encroachment on the school policy on food and drink, but I'm not really complaining, because I like pancakes.

I have this theory that Dr. Crotteau is trying to send us a message about the foolishness of law-making bodies, or life in general. As if he's saying that humans tend to dwell on the small things, and ignore the big picture.

----------

I've been receiving complaints about the frequency with which I update this blog. And while I apologize if I'm disappointing anyone, we need to get something straight. I started this for me, to document my senior year, so I can look back on how I have changed over the course of the year. It's something between an interactive scrapbook and a diary. I do realize that it's on the internet, and I know it's public, but I imagine it like I'm allowing the world insight into my thoughts, rather than publishing these posts as a means to gain notoriety among my peers. As conceited as it sounds, I guess I'm trying to say that I don't feel like I'm obligated to post anything. Please note that I'm not bothered by the comments on my lax blogging, but I only mean to establish my purpose for this blog.

If you do want to see more regular blogging of similar interest level, the blogosphere in my town has recently exploded, and you should definitely check out some of these blogs from my peers:

----------

On that note, here's an ironically self-promoting bunch of videos, this week's occurrences on EveryFlavorVlogs.



My video from Monday:




Julia's schmexy video from Wednesday:




Kathy's tasteful video from Friday:


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I've been linked to haha!
    And, I must say, I have been unsatisfied with the posting lately, as it brings me joy and happiness to read your blog, but I completely understand the reasons for doing (or not doing) so.
    I do however hope you continue this blog into college, because I seriously look forward to reading it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, lovely! You tell those complainers who is boss... which now reminds me that I need to update my own blog...

    ReplyDelete