Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm creep.

I found an acronym for the seven requirements of democracy. And yes, it is an acronym, as opposed to simply a mnemonic, because it does form a pronounce-able word, as opposed to a series of letters that each begin a word, forming a sentence.

I- Inclusion
M- Majority Rule and minority rights

C- Citizen control of the agenda
R- Representation
E- Equality in voting
E- Enlightened understanding
P- Participation


I had a good laugh over that. My original mnemonic was "Every Politician Eats Certain Illegal Meals Regularly", so I think it's definitely an improvement.
-----------

Also, I've started Looking for Alaska, by John Green (of the vlogbrothers), who I might add is an awesome author, vlogger, and person in general. I'm about a third of the way in, and so far, it's thought-provoking and interesting, but difficult to imagine in the voice of John Green. But you should definitely read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment