Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Afro-tastic!


I mentioned our "rival" high school in an earlier post. My dear friend Cristine is dating a boy from there, who she coincidentally met when we infiltrated their side at a football game. Her boyfriend looks like Bradley Uppercrust III from An Extremely Goofy Movie. And he's the "flasher who lives next door" in their adaptation of Hairspray, which she forced a group of us to see with her a group from our school saw this past Friday.

It was so afro-tastic.

(I can get away with saying that because I'm quoting the musical.)

Our school has very little diversity. We might have twenty African-Americans. So it's always a shock for one of my peers to see a person of non-European descent. And if we do see one, we tend to clump together, because frankly, we don't know how to react. Hairspray was a nice breath of fresh air. That was a nice paradox, eh?






Oh, also, the front bumper of my car fell off. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment