Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yelling at Things

In Spanish, I did a speaking activity in preparation for the AP Exam. Which means that I spent a little under an hour in a closet, embracing the fact that I seemed schizophrenic, and yelling things like "You never loved me as a child!" (in Spanish) at a CD player. It was wonderful.

-------------
Julia, Wednesday on EveryFlavorVlogs, made a fantastic video. And I'm not just saying that because she bribes me to do so with furry creatures. Unfortunately, we set a four minute maximum on the videos, and she exceeded it by thirty seconds, so she will be punished. If you have any suggestions (that are legal and not too cruel), leave them in the comments. Dooooooo it.



-------------

I'm extremely self-conscious, particularly around people I respect. And despite how seemingly public my life is and the care-free attitude that I've adopted this year, I really do care what people think about me. In fact, I obsess over it--last night, I think I spent over two hours checking to see if the number of people that have viewed my videos or read my blog has changed.

I'm also an active learner. To commit things to memory, I need to write, talk, and ask questions. I'm a very "passionate" person; I have a need to commit myself and get involved in the deepest ways possible

Because of my active nature, I ask quite a few questions in AP Government. And I'm fully aware that the teacher thinks I, along with my commentary, am obnoxious. Which does not make me happy, because I don't want to annoy one of my favorite teachers of all time. But I do.

Frustration.

The reassuring thing about the internet, though, is that I know you chose to be here. Which means that you either don't know that I'm obnoxious, don't care that I'm obnoxious, or don't think that I'm obnoxious. I just wish that I could know that about the real world.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, you're probably not annoying Kontrye. She generally loves questions, but her default face is "angry." We seriously had an entire discussion about it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that Mrs. Kontrye doesn't think you're obnoxious. That's her thinking face. And she just gets really excited about everything.

    ReplyDelete