Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Acceptance Letter - Tulane

Hello, my kittens.

I haven't posted in a while... I know, I'm a lazy bum. But this is a major event--and I had to blog about it.


I've been accepted to Tulane University, a private university in New Orleans (pictured above)--the letter came in a big fancy envelope that was difficult to open and everything! I'll admit that I expected to be accepted, but I was surprised when they offered me an $80,000 scholarship. They seem to be a pretty generous school, though.

Proof?


Dear Katherine:

On behalf of the faculty and administration, I proudly offer to you admission to Tulane University for the fall, 2011 term.

Based on your extraordinary academic and personal qualifications, I am delighted to inform you that the admissions committee has selected you as a Founder's Scholar.

Congratulations! As a recipient of this prestigious academic merit scholarship, you will receive $20,000 annually, totaling $80,000 over four years...

...yadda yadda... Tulane is great... yadda yadda yadda...

I look forward to seeing you on campus soon,

Sincerely,

Earl Retif
Vice President
Enrollment Management

Tulane is more-or-less a safety school, but it's definitely still an option. New Orleans is adorable, I love Tulane's spirit of community service, and when I visited, it was wonderful. But it is fairly close to home, and I want a school that's more science-oriented.

In other news, I have to schedule an interview with a Georgetown alumni. I hate interviews--I come across as much more intelligent in an essay. I just get so gosh-darn nervous!

Here's my response to learning about the interview:


No comments:

Post a Comment