Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What the SHUNT?

Tell me the word "shunt" doesn't sound like an expletive.

Today in AP Physics, my (incredibly aloof) teacher was explaining to us about galvanometers and how they can be used as ammeters, ohmmeters, or voltmeters by popping a shunt into a DC circuit. At which point, the girl that sits next to me and I started saying things like "What the shunt!" or "mother-shunter".

We were later told to "pick your node". Not nearly as funny as "shunt", but it was worth a giggle or two.

By the way, do not look up "shunt" on urban dictionary unless you want to be mentally scarred forever. You're going to go look it up now, aren't you. Well, don't say I didn't warn you...

P.S. I'll give you ten bonus points for each time you incorporate "shunt" into practical conversation, regardless of if you use the original definition, or as an expletive.

No comments:

Post a Comment