Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BEDA 12: Pop Show Music

Annually, the choir program at my school, like most choir programs, has a pop show--a concert of show tunes, pop music, and generally good times. It's pretty swell.

To be honest, the past couple of years, the music selection has been kinda lame. But this year is the bomb. No. It is the atomic bomb. Like, this pop show music selection could blow up a small island.

Inappropriate joke. Sorry.

Songs to be sung include The Safety Dance, Vogue, Carry On My Wayward Son, Soul Man, The Theme from James Bond, and Thriller. So. Stinking. Excited. Can you even fathom the potential choreography and costumes for this thing. *choirgasm*

In case you don't recognize one or more of the songs, here are some videos of them:


SAFETY DANCE:

sanity.exe has encountered an error...


VOGUE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJQSAiODqI


CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON:

The guy that looks like Hagrid is killing me.


SOUL MAN:

I mean... I could post the original... but I'm such a sucker for Drake and Josh.


JAMES BOND THEME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9P9S8dPZo&feature=fvst


THRILLER:

Due to personal conviction, I would like to say that I do not endorse the occult. But I do however, endorse this pop show.

1 comment:

  1. Shame we didn't do "Thriller" last year.... Lizzy and I know the entire dance to it! I'm totally jealous of the song selections!!! When is Pop Show?

    ReplyDelete