Friday, April 1, 2011

BEDA 1: Wreck 'em

Oh, hey. This is awkward. We haven't seen each other in a while. Sorry for neglecting you. This (my inability maintain any interest in anything for more than six months) is exactly why I should never be trusted to take care of babies or puppies for an extended period.

Anyway, today is April 1st. And I'm not clever enough to come up with some elaborate joke. So instead I'm blogging. Actually, today is the first day of BEDA, or Blog Every Day in April, if you prefer. I figure that since I took March and most of February off, I should compensate by going on a massive blogging binge. Which may result in another massive purge as I become more and more disillusioned with the idea of high school.

A lot has changed in the last month. A lot of things I haven't blogged about. I suppose the most notable is that I will officially be a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech. But don't worry, I won't forget to wear my seatbelt. You know, seatbelts can be the difference between life and death in a car accident.

Bulleted List
Wow, tangent.

Yes. I will be attending the Georgia Institute of Technology, majoring in Nuclear and Radiological Engineering and partaking in the Honors Program. Which means I'll also be a helluva engineer.

Why Georgia Tech, you inquire? I was accepted to Georgia Tech, along with Baylor and Tulane, by applying early action. It's a great school, particularly for engineering, and is a very well-known name for graduate programs and the working field. It is quite academically rigorous, which is a quality that I was particularly looking for in a school--first in foremost, I am going to college to learn, not to party. Oh, and there are a lot of Asians.

I wasn't accepted to most of the other schools I applied to, which were admittedly schools that I thought were out of my reach. My philosophy was to apply to as many outstanding schools as possible, and cross my fingers that I would get into one of them. I must have applied to too few schools, or not crossed my fingers hard enough.

But I definitely don't want you to pity me, as I'm extremely excited for next year! Georgia Tech is tied with Caltech as the #4 engineering school in the country, ranked only beneath MIT, Stanford, and UC Berkeley. It is an absolute honor to be part of such a program, and I'm very anxious to meet all my fellow jackets and get out of Texas.

Also, I spent like five hours on skype today with a potential roommate. She's crazy rad. And she's a nerdfighter. NERDFIGHTER! We're basically going to be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment