Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BEDA 6: My Love is a Young Rider

I had a choir competition today. Like, all day. Did you know that choral music is exhausting? Because it is, especially if you're standing and singing for three hours straight.

My brain hurts. And I still feel dizzy.

Anyway, during the sight-reading portion of the competition, we read a piece called "My Love is a Young Rider", which is pretty much the largest innuendo I've ever seen in a choral arrangement. And I've heard the song "Standin' on the Corner, Watching All the Girls Go By", so that's saying something.

The lyrics to the song were fantastic. At one point it said (mind you, I may be paraphrasing) "the young girls on the Platte should stay away from my cowboy, for he pets you, and courts you, and then he leaves to ride other broncos". Brokeback Mountain, much?

No comments:

Post a Comment